- Frequently asked questions
Latest Freight News
- Current news
Past news articles
- BRITTANY FERRIES SUPPORTS GBR MATCH RACE TEAM
- Abnormal Loads - Reporting Time
- RHA Newsflash 3721 - Exert: SPAIN - BLUETOOTH PHONE EQUIPMENT & SWITZERLAND - MOUNTAIN PASSES INFORMATION
- Vehicle Lashing Points
- Further Security Measures in Santander
- Enhanced Security Measures in Santander
- Parking restrictions - refrigerated vehicles, Millbay Docks, Plymouth
- Brittany Ferries Announces New Twice Weekly Service To Bilbao
- Fleet and frequency of sailings update...
- Significant Boost in Capacity for Santander
- Brittany Ferries Freight Customer Survey - Prize Draw Results
- Poor driving conditions caused by snow in France & the UK.
- Five Weekly Crossings to Northern Spain from Mid-March
- Weekend Parking - Ouistreham - Update
- Santander Port - New Access for Freight Vehicles
- Abnormal Load Parking - Santander - Update
- Brittany Ferries to double Freight-Only Service to Spain from October 2009
- Fast Craft For A Fast Freight Service
- The Armorique
- Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF) - 1st August 2008
- Olympic Road Freight Management
- New Brasserie Style Service 2007/08
- Weekend Parking - Ouistreham
- Access to Freight Compound - Ouistreham
- Freight Road Shows - 2007
- 2007 Commercial Vehicle Show
- Improved Meal Choice For Commercial Vehicle Drivers
- Cotentin Launched
- Hazardous Cargoes - Pre Advice
- Increased Security Measures
- Quality Assured Survey - Draw Prize Winner
- New Round-Trip Booking Services
- The Mont St Michel - Extra Capacity to Caen and Roscoff
- The new Pont-Aven
- From All the Four Corners
- Brittany Ferries 2011/12 Winter Schedules
- Peace of mind
- Bureau de Change
- Security and Privacy
- Brittany Ferries and the Environment
- Conditions of carriage
- Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF)
Five Weekly Crossings to Northern Spain from Mid-March
Brittany Ferries Freight have announced their plans to significantly increase both the frequency and capacity of their Portsmouth/Santander service through the introduction of a new vessel to their fleet. The 33,000 tonnes vessel, Cap Finistère, will offer a minimum capacity of 60 trucks. Her service speed of 28 knots will enable her to complete the crossing in 24 hours, with comfort.
Upon entering service, along with existing departures of Pont-Aven and Cotentin, she will contribute to five weekly departures between Santander in Northern Spain and the south coast ports of Portsmouth, Poole and Plymouth. The weekend driving ban in France will hold no fear for the regular users of this service with a Friday, Saturday and Sunday southbound departure now available. Return crossings are the following day.
Additionally the new vessel will operate between Cherbourg and Portsmouth to complement existing schedules operated by the Cotentin to Poole. The 1992 built Barfleur will make way for this larger and faster vessel by being time chartered.
Brittany Ferries Freight saw traffic grow on its direct services to Spain by 16% between 2008 and 2009.
For further information please telephone 0871 244 0411.
Updated 21st January 2010