Brittany Ferries Freight
- The best choice of routes and destinations
- Largest route network from South Coast
- State of the art vessels ensuring unrivalled punctuality
- Individual and corporate enquiries handled by our dedicated team
- From small vans to the largest of abnormal loads
Call: +44 (0)871 244 0900Get a Quote
Santander port guide
Address and contact details
Tel: 9 42 36 06 11
GPS Co-ordinates: 3.460381,-3.805193
The freight access to the Port of Santander has recently been changed owing to freight vehicle movement and parking restrictions within the city.
Santander is accessed from east or west via the A8. From Madrid via the A1, A68 & A8 and from Barcelona via the A2, A68 & A8.
On approaching Santander on the motorway, drivers must follow the yellow signs for 'Puerto' (not those for the 'ferry' as these are only for car drivers and will take you to the city centre where lorries are prohibited and drivers may be fined).
Once at the Port Control Point, access to the freight compound of the Port area can be made. Final access is made to the Ferry Port via a lifting bridge within the port area. This bridge is open to freight traffic during ferry turnaround times
Port Area Access Hours
- For Driver Accompanied Vehicles:
Departure days from 06.00h onwards.
- For Unaccompanied Vehicles - Pick up/drop off (Solway Docks):
Monday through to Friday from 08.00h to 19.30h
Saturdays - NO ACCESS
Sundays from 09.00h to 14.00h
- For those drivers who are unable to access the port within these times we suggest they use the CIUDAD DEL TRANSPORTISTA facilities.
Tel.+34 942322418 / +34 609187043, which are only 100m from the Port
entrance and where vehicles of any size may be parked and benefit from
24 hours surveillance.
Abnormal Load Parking
The Port Authority has assigned an area where abnormal load vehicles may be parked at times when they cannot move. Drivers are obliged to leave the Port area. In order to gain access to this area, it is necessary to notify Brittany Ferries Santander, tel. 942 360197 (firstname.lastname@example.org), and they will be given precise instructions.
For those drivers who are unable to access the port within these times we suggest they use the CIUDAD DEL TRANSPORTISTA facitilities Tel.+34 942322418 / +34 609187043, which are only 100m from the Port entrance where vehicles of any size may be parked and benefit from 24 hours surveillance.
Cost per hour 0.80€.
Cost for 24 hours 10€.
Please contact us should you require further information and/or assistance..
Facilities for Freight Drivers
- The City of Santander is within walking distance.
Driving distances from Santander